We all know a lot of the basics of becoming a mom. Your time for yourself is dramatically shortened, your sleep will be lacking, but you will have a sweet baby that you’ll just adore!
Well, we’re here to tell you!
Here are 30 little things you learn when you become a mom:
1. Babies are messy, and you already have a ton to do, so don’t change their outfit every time they spit-up.
2. When you become a mom, your baby’s mess becomes your mess so keep a change of clothes for both of you in case of emergency.
3. When you need your little one to sit still, the TV can be mesmerizing.
4. You quickly learn not to wake a sleeping baby when you become a mom.
5. Use music or a routine to train your kiddo for bedtime. Now that you’re a mom, sleep for both of you can be so unpredictable.
6. Always be prepared for your baby’s sleep patterns to change.
7. When the baby has a bad blowout, don’t try to clean with wipes. Head straight to the bathtub.
8. Don’t judge other parents for bribing their kids in public. It will sneak back up on you when you’re a new mother.
9. Even when your baby does sleep through the night, you won’t because you will be waiting for them to wake up!
10. Don’t spend a ton of money on baby clothes because babies grow up real fast (trust us!)
11. When you become a mom, use your diaper bag for some of your own essentials because carrying two bags and a baby is way too much.
12. Count on your errands to take 2-3 times longer when you bring your kiddo.
13. Being a mom is the only job that doesn’t come with sick time, vacation time, or coffee breaks.
14. There will be days where your baby isn’t the only one crying when you become a mom. Let it out so you can move forward.
15. Don’t compare your child’s milestones with everyone else’s. Each child has their own developmental journey.
16. Meal planning has never been more important than after you have a baby.
17. Playing with your baby is more important than dishes. Spend some one-on-one time with them if you feel insignificant with your efforts.
18. Find support when you become a mom. Facebook, other friends who are moms, and activities to bring baby to are all great options.
19. While taking care of a baby is hard, soak up every moment when you become a mom because they sure grow up fast.
20. Make it a habit to leave early, because you never know what will hold you up.
21. Make sure you are nourishing your body as well as your baby’s. Motherhood is hard work and you need your energy!
22. When you get the small stuff done like working out, doing household chores or completing a project, feel free to congratulate yourself. You deserve it!
23. You may wonder if you even knew what unconditional love was before you became a mom.
24. You may find yourself using baby voice while talking to other adults because you have become so accustomed to it.
25. Start your day right so you can handle what the day will throw at you. Go for a walk, eat a yummy breakfast, or enjoy a cup of coffee.
26. Try to be patient with people who ask you what you do all day. Anyone who is not a stay-at-home mom has no idea what your job looks like.
27. Even when you make mistakes, remember that you are an awesome mom. If the baby is fed, giggling and clothed, give yourself a pat on the back.
28. Enjoy the ride once you become a mom. There will be good and bad times but soak them all up and remember them.
29. If you don’t have time to make a baby book, write down milestones on a calendar and save it.
30. Try to learn from the hard times because becoming a mom will definitely bring out the best and worst in you.
Being a mom is the most difficult job you will ever have, but also the most rewarding. Know that you are not alone in your parenting journey. And remember, no matter what happens, you can and will get through it!